A traditional Indian drink, turmeric milk or golden milk is believed to have healing qualities in Ayurvedic medicine. Besides aiding sleep, this warm concoction of spices and plant milk may also help with digestive issues, inflammation from arthritis and reduce the pain and fever associated with illness. (As always, check with a medical professional before using this product therapeutically)
Golden Milk Recipe:
2 cups unsweetened milk of your choice (for traditional Golden Milk, use plant-based milk – coconut, almond, etc)
2 tsp Golden Milk mix
1 tsp Vanilla extract (optional)
1 tsp raw honey (optional – do not use in ayurvedic practice)
Whisk all ingredients in a small saucepan, simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes (stirring frequently) and serve.
Turmeric, Vietnamese Cinnamon, Black Pepper, Ginger
- Use as a seasoning base for carrot or butternut squash soup.
- Marinate chicken with this blend and some yogurt, and grill.
- Use as a seasoning base for pineapple curry rice, sprinkle over potatoes and peas for samosas, or roast with eggplant for a deep and flavorful curry.
- Try this in something sweet, like spiced shortbread cookies, pumpkin pie or a carrot cake with a kick.
- Make the Golden Milk beverage, let it cool, and use in your coffee or pour it over some cognac on ice.
|Dimensions||3 × 5 × .5 in|